Smart Meters Are Anything But Health Smart

Smart Meters Are Anything But Health Smart

About two weeks ago, I received an email from my apartment building in Manhattan. The email read that the electricity would be turned off in my apartment on a particular Monday for approximately 15 minutes. Con Edison was planning an upgrade for our hallway electric meters. As I read this email, the dots were slowly connecting in my brain, and the anxiety-producing realization of what “upgrade” meant set in. They were very likely going to install microwave radiation emitting “smart meters.” 

My apartment is directly across the hall form a large electrical utility closet that houses about 20 analog electric meters. These “old school” (safe) Westinghouse analog meters are read each month by a Con Edison worker who has to come out to the meters to read them physically. Smart meters transmit the meter information directly to Con Edison. Smart meters save the utility company money because they don’t have to come out to their customer's residences each month. The cost savings for the utility is not passed down to the customer, in fact, many customers have noticed a rise in their electrical bills since having a smart meter installed.

I called my management company immediately and gave an impassioned and fervent plea to call off the installation of these meters. I explained the scientific studies that have proven that microwave radio frequency that is emitted from these smart meters has been linked to heart issues, anxiety, concentration issues, insomnia, immune system issues, and cancer. In fact, on the American Cancer Society website it says, "because RF radiation is a possible carcinogen, and smart meters give off RF radiation, it is possible that smart meters could increase cancer risk.” In May 2011, the World Health Organization classified RF (the frequency emitted from smart meters) as a class 2B potential cancer-causing carcinogen.

My management company was actually quite receptive and told me to send them some research and evidence so they could push back against Con Edison. I left work that night, ran home to my apartment, threw down my stuff, and immediately started to compile all the information that I have on Electromagnetic frequencies (studies, etc.). I was in a bit of a tizzy because this was a Wednesday night, and I had five days until the scheduled installation. I sent emails to the building’s superintendent, the board of directors, and anybody that I knew in the building. I felt like I had to be as convincing as possible because once these were installed, it would be very challenging and costly to get them removed.

The utility companies tell their customers that their smart meters transmit only 45 to 60 seconds per day. However, this is misleading because the radiation that is produced from these meters is occurring 24 hours per day. Each smart meter averages 10,000 to 190,000 pulses per day. A major problem with smart meters is the switch mode power supply and the direct current conversion to alternating current. The smart meter acts as a giant antenna directing radiation out-wards.

Back to those meters across the hallway from my apartment. 6.0 microwatt/cm squared of microwave radiation is linked to DNA damage, and the average smart meter produces 7.93 to 8.0 microwatt/cm squared microwave radiation. Twenty smart meters would be blasting radiation to my apartment 24 hours per day. Not to mention the other over 200 smart meters that were going to be installed in my building. I knew I couldn’t let this happen for my health, my family’s health, and the health of my neighbors.

The next morning after sending research, scientific studies, and an array of information, I received an email response that my management company was canceling the appointment for the installation. I was elated, relieved, and happy that I was able to make a difference and that they were very reasonable : ).

Here are a few tips to help avoid smart meter installation in your building or home:

1 - Present information and research to your management company if they tell you that your utility company is doing an upgrade on your electric meters. “Upgrade” usually means they are installing radiation emitting meters. Here are some good sites to get info:



2 - Tell your utility company that you do not allow a smart meter to be installed because of the radiation emissions. They currently have opt-out meters and cannot legally force anyone to have a smart meter. The opt-out meters are digital and increase dirty electricity, but better than transmitting meters. Analog meters are the safest by far. They can last 60 years, so there is no reason to replace them if they are working properly.

I have had patients complain of symptoms after having smart meters installed at their homes. Once the smart meters were removed, their symptoms got better or went away entirely. If you think you are being affected by microwave radiation from these meters, take actions to get it removed. Also, certain supplements can help to protect the body from EMFs and radiation. One of the supplements that may work, depending on if it is right for the individual, is Body Guard Supreme. The right supplement depends on genetics etc. See your local Nutrition Response Testing Practitioner for muscle testing to figure out the right one for you.

Dr. Louis Granirer is a leading Holistic Chiropractor in NY. Learn more about holistic healing by visiting his website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collagen Deficiency and Wrinkles

NAD+ Levels and Their Influence on Aging and Cellular Energy

Organ Spotlight: The Gallbladder